Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Elijah is Here, and I'm Completely Smitten :)

Eli arrived as scheduled on Friday, and he is amazing!  He is 6 lbs 6 oz, and 19 inches long.  I was in love instantly, and I've spent many hours the past few days, holding him and loving on him.  It's nice when they're too little to resist getting kisses.  :)

Here's a picture when he has his eyes open, which hasn't happened a whole lot yet.  But when he does, he seems to be looking around and checking things out. 

My mom and I made him a few last minute things too.  We had some ribbon left over from the baby shower decorations and stitched it onto some burp clothes we had machine embroidered with his name.


And with leftover fabric from his quilt, we made this bib, using this really nice online tutorial (thanks Jeannie for sending me the link). 


Lots of baby cuddling on my schedule for the rest of the week.  :)


6 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Eli is beautiful. As is the quilt you made. Love those burp cloths and the bib too. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

Annette said...

What a beautifull baby
Love birth gifts you made.
enjoy the lttle baby they grow so fast, my baby girl is 8 weeks, the time fly's

Sharon Marie said...

He's really an adorable little guy.

miek said...

what a beautiful baby boy eli is.
congratulations for your sister and brother in law. and of course the rest of the family too.
you have made nice little things too in fine colors.
and remember, dont use the words novic anymore :-)
greetings

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- he's beautiful! Congratulations to your whole family. Love the gifts you made. I chuckled when I read that when his eyes are open, he seems to be looking around. Can you imagine what a shock this big ol' world is to a tiny little newborn? There's probably a reason their eyesight isn't fantastic at first -- it might throw them into shock!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, he is so adorable and has hair!!
Love the extra's you and your mom have been making. Your bib turned out wonderful.